Pages

September 30, 2017

Sneaky Selfie

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing another vacation layout mixing Crate Paper Oasis supplies with older items from my stash.


I started this layout with the page design in my head.  The dark blue towel in the photo was my nemesis trying to pick a background.  In the end, I went with a neutral kraft paper and some torn paper strips.The pink background stamps are an old Studio Calico stamp and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide inks.  The title is cut using my Silhouette.

Once the background was done, the rest of this page came together very quickly.  The very old chipboard  umbrella is from the Crate Paper Pier collection. Since the flamingo is gold, I felt like I needed some gold in the opposite corner.  But, I didn't have anything that would work in my cluster.  That's when I had the idea to gild the umbrella with some extremely old foiling kit from We R Memory Keepers.

The date on the package says 2008, so I wasn't sure if it would still work, but it worked like a charm! I think the Duo Embellishment glue was from the same kit and it wasn't even dried up. ;)  I painted the glue onto the the chipboard using a small paintbrush then let it dry until it became tacky.  Then I placed the foil sheet over top and rubbed to adhere the foil. 


As you can see, it's a little bit splotchy, but I might not have left the glue to sit long enough.  I was really anxious to see if this would even work.  HA! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The gold looks better in real life. I'm thinking that maybe I should have done the entire umbrella in the foil, but it's done now. And I never go back and redo something, so it's going in the album as it is.



I really love this page.  Now, I'm looking around thinking what else I can foil.  ;)

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment