Pages

August 4, 2017

Paradise Found

Hi there!

Today, I'm sharing a layout using a lovely cutfile from Paper Issues. I just love their free cutfiles and this summer they have made so many tropical themed ones that I will be using them a lot in this album.


When I started this album, one of my plan was to use the Crate Paper Oasis and line with bits of old beach collections from Fancy Pants. The background paper is the b-side from Beach Bum made in 2010.  The colour matches perfectly to the ocean in my photo (at least it does in real life).

I used the brown b-side from another piece to cut the palm trees. The "palms" are from a 6x6 pad of Oasis and scrap pieces of Fancy Pants from Down by the Shore and Beach Babe. I fussy cut the hibiscus flowers from Down by the Shore and embellished with some Oasis die cuts.  Because of the big palm trees, I didn't really feel the need to add too many embellishments.

The title is another Paper Issues die cut.  Once cut and adhered to the page, I covered the entire title with Nuvo Crystal Drops.  I used to do this technique with Glossy Accents but the Crystal Drops have a lot more dimension when they dry.  I put a few on the page like they were enamel dots and in really  life they add a great texture.  Great.  Now I want them in every colour!!

I just love this page! And I'm so happy to be using us some older supplies.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment