Pages

August 19, 2017

Horse & Buggy Tour


Hi there!

I'm up today with a double page spread using lots of mixed media and lots of layering.


I started by applying white gesso on the cardstock with my fingers. I like using my fingers because it gives a more textured look than applying it with a brush. When it was dry, I used the "smooshing" technique to add some colour with  Distress Oxide inks in Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick and Faded Jeans. As often happens, the papers pretty much hide all my hard work, but there are hints of it that show on the edges.

Once again, I am using the Crate Paper Oasis collection mixed together with some older Pink Paislee Atlas paper.  The title is inspired by a layout from Cat Martin, and stamped using the Oasis alpha stamps and some Thickers. The rest of the layout is embellished with Oasis ephemera and chipboard, some Crate Paper Journey, Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers, Shimelle enamel hearts and miscellaneous rhinestones.



The last step was to sprinkle some gold on the pages with some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine.

The page is pretty warped because of all the mixed media and it looks crooked in the photos, but it is straight in real life.  The warping doesn't really bother me, unless I'm trying to photograph the layout. It drove me crazy trying to edit these pages to be straight. In the end, I gave up. ;)  Once the pages are in the album, the warping doesn't show.

Pretty happy with how this layout turned out.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie


No comments:

Post a Comment