Pages

June 2, 2017

Ice Ice Baby

Hi there!

Happy Canal Days!  Today, I am keeping to my annual tradition of posting a layout of the previous year's parade float on the weekend of Canal Days.



I started this layout with the pieces of light blue paper (which are the same colour but for some reason photographed differently) and used some gel medium and a snowflake stencil to create the background.  When the medium was dry, I rubbed some silver ink over each snowflake to give them some dimension.

The photo collage was created in Photoshop using a really old Cathy Zielske template. Unfortunately, when I went to print my photo, I was out of photo paper! So, I just printed it onto white cardstock and I think it worked quite well. 

Every year I make the sign for the float. This year, I cut hundreds of snowflakes with the Silhouette for the sign and the float.  I still had the file saved, so I cut some more for the page. I used the same font for the title and made my own chipboard alphas by stacking three layers of cardstock. The swirls and date are from a very old set of Pink Paislee chipboard alphas. There are sequins and cotton puffs thrown in because, well, it's a parade theme layout. You can't have too much glitter or sparkle!

This is quite a simple page compared to most of my parade layouts, but it was a fun page to make. I was busy creating costumes and signs for this weekend's float, so this was made when I had a few minutes here and there.

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment