Pages

February 17, 2017

Looking Back On Our 25th Anniversary

Hi there!

I'm up today with an anniversary layout that also doubles as a Las Vegas vacation layout.



I knew when I saw this paper from the Shimelle Go Now Go collection that it would be perfect for this photo of my husband and I at the Bellagio, on the evening of our 25th Anniversary.  The whimsical images of a house, car and travel spoke to me about the life that we have built together and matches the whimsical photo.

The flower stickers and diecuts that are part of the Go Now Go were all used up in previous layouts, so I started hunting in my stash.  I found these My Little Yellow Bicycle diecut flowers and thought they matched perfectly.

The journaling is stamped with a set of alpha stamps from Close to My Heart.  It took a good hour to stamp, but I am really happy with the results. The glittery title was made with a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die. It was cut from silver glitter paper and fun foam to make my own glitter thickers.  It was a bit lost on the busy page, so I outlined the letters with a blue Zig marker to give them a bit of a boost.


The little people are made from a very old punch.  I only have the boy shape, so I made the little girl a skirt and glued it on top. To make them look like chipboard, I glued many layers of punches together.  The heart and sun are made the same way.
                                              
This page is busy, but I think it matches how our lives have been for the last 25 years.  We have a busy life. But, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment