Pages

October 21, 2016

Learn Something New Every Day 2016

Hi there!

I'm up today showcasing my Learn Something New Every Day album for 2016. Every September, Shimelle Laine has an online class with daily journaling prompts to... well.... learn something new every day! I first took the class in 2011. I started another album the following year but because life got in the way, I didn't finish it. This year, I was adamant I was going to finish my album and I did!



I decided to make a small travel journal from an old October Afternoon 8x8 paper pad that was in my stash that had never been used. I cut 15 double sided pages to 8x5 and folded each page in half. I used my Cropadile to cut two holes in the fold and bound the book together with a long piece of jute. If I were to make another travel journal, I would make it longer.  I didn't leave me a lot of space if I wanted a photo and to journal.  Oh well.  Live and learn.

I went through all my 3x4 journaling cards and picked the ones that I thought worked with the theme.  It was great to get rid of 30 journaling cards from my stash.  What isn't so great is that I still have a photo storage box full.  ;)  But, there are only a few pieces left from the original paper pad and I used lots of older stickers, washi tape and ephemera pieces.  It feels so good to use stuff up!




The numbers were cut using my Silhouette and then glued on a scalloped circle punched from a Fiskars punch.

This album is mostly journaling, almost like a diary. I did use Shimelle's prompts in a few places but only if I didn't have anything to say for the day. There aren't a lot of photos. But, I'm okay with that because I think it will be cool to read this album in a few years.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment