Pages

September 18, 2016

Key to Life - Art Journal

Hi there!

Today I am sharing an art journal entry inspired by Wilna Furstenberg ArtVenture mini class.



I started this page using some embossing paste with a Dylusions stencil.  Once it was dry, I sprayed the surface with water and while it was still wet, I sprayed Mr. Huey's and Dylusions mist over it all.  The water allows the mist to blend and flow to create new colours.  I only used coral, yellow and fushia, but the colours blended to make the orange and purple colours.  It's very pretty in real life.

I thought the colours of Wilna's flowers worked so well with my background.  The white crepe paper is just a party streamer from the dollar store. I added die cuts from my stash of odds and sods.  They are a mixture of Crate Paper, Pink Paislee and Echo Park.

While creating the page, I started with a white doily from the grocery store, but it was too stark against the bright background.  So, I did the wet misting technique again.  I love the result and will have to do this technique again.

I had my hand at doodling to give more texture and fill in some gaps.  I need practice. As I have mentioned before, I am no artist.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment