Pages

July 15, 2016

Just Breathe - Art Journal Page

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing an art journaling page. I love art journaling for trying techniques and just playing. But I find it very time consuming and I've been working extra hours and just haven't had the time.  But, this past week, I took a few days off for a "staycation" and spent a day playing on this page.


I made the background with acrylic paint and an old gift card.  There are layers of vellum, mulberry paper and washi tape over that. Using black StazOne, I randomly stamped one of my favourite background stamps in the brick design from Prima Marketing.  I think I've had that stamp for 10 years and it's permanently stained black.  I love that. 

I then used a Crafter's Companion stencil and more white paint. The embellishments are some old grungeboard  swirl from Tim Holtz, some Bo Bunny paper flowers and punched butterflies from Martha Stewart. 

When it was time to add my quote, I took a deep breath and had a go at some handwritten brush script. I used a Faber Castell Pitt pen and I'm pretty happy with how it looks.  It's a little crooked and my "k" is too short, but for my first time, I'm pretty happy with it. That's the joy of an art journal.  It really is just for experimenting and playing.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie


Okay.  So it wasn't until I shared this blog post on Facebook that someone pointed out my mistake.  Here it is, all corrected.  I was sure this was where I would mess it up, but it went perfectly.  Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment