Pages

June 30, 2016

Bloom

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing a mixed media page and professional photos of my beautiful girl.

Papers: American Crafts, Crate Paper: Embellishments: Crate Paper, My Minds Eye,
Prima Marketing, unknown ribbon, rhinestones: Mixed Media: Tim Holtz stencil,
embossing paste, Mr Huey's mist, dictionary paper, modpodge

I started by spraying lots of mist on a gessoed piece of cardstock. When it was dry, I used Mod Podge to glue some strips of old dictionary paper in random areas.  I used the Mod Podge in the centre of the strips and when the glue was almost dry, I peeled off the loose bits to give a very distressed look.
I then applied a thin layer of embossing paste using a Tim Holtz stencil. To help give the photos a place to rest, I glued strips of ribbon the length of the page.


I had hoped that more of the dictionary paper and the ribbons would show, but, that's the risk one takes when they do a mixed media background. 

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie


No comments:

Post a Comment