Pages

February 14, 2016

Your Biggest Fans

Hi there!

As I mentioned a few days ago, I have been very inspired by Glitter Girl's video series on Youtube. I did these pages a while ago, but just getting around to blogging about them now.

This first page was pretty much scraplifted from her first video of the new series, Episode 123.The theme of the video is how to get back into scrapping if you haven't done so in a while. And since I hadn't done a 12x12 layout for a few weeks, (I had been working on my December album) it couldn't have come at a better time.


Papers: Crate Paper, Shimelle; Embellishments: Crate Paper, Shimelle,
American Crafts, Unknown wood veneer and glitter stars, Heidi Swapp mist

Shimelle's style is similar to my own, so it was pretty easy to scraplift her page.  One of her pieces of advice in the video was to scraplift yourself, as well.  So when I was finished with the first page,  I just went to work on the next page using the same design.


Papers: Crate Paper, Shimelle; Embellishments: Crate Paper, Unknown sequins a
nd hearts; Thickers
 
 
This page is less embellished than the first. I thought the three larger elements (heart, spaceship and light bulb) were embellishment enough. I didn't want to compete with Nick's preschool photo. They won't be together in the album, so the similarity in the pages won't even be noticeable.
 
Nick's graduation photos are just about done.  I have to keep going or I know I won't go back to them and there are some important photos that still need to be scrapped. Shimelle's videos are helping to keep me inspired to finish them. Perfect timing!
 
Thanks for looking!
Sylvie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment