Pages

February 19, 2016

No. 26

Hi there!

Today's layout is still from Nick's graduation, but it certainly isn't a graduation layout! The professional photographer hired for grad took this photo of my husband and I.


Papers: Pink Paislee, My Minds Eye; Embellishments: Pink Paislee, My Minds Eye, 
Crate Paper; Stamps: 7 Gypsies, Pearls: Martha Stewart, Tim Holtz Distress Ink

The Pink Paislee "C'est La Vie" collection arrived in the mail last week, and I just knew I had to use it right away. This line is so beautiful! I fussy cut the large roses from a background paper to make my clusters and just started layering my embellishments on top. The weekly challenge over at Shimelle's blog was to mix old and new supplies. Well, that's not much of a challenge for me, since I do that on almost all my pages. ;)

At first glance, this page looks mostly made up of Pink Paislee supplies, but the mint paper with the white polka dots and the photo mats are all My Minds Eye from a few years ago. I also added in some old die cuts and stickers from Crate Paper that had been in my stash forever.





Here's my happy accident for the week. The numbers for the title are clear acetate, but they were getting lost on all the layers underneath.  I decided to trace them on a piece of white paper, fussy cut around it then glue them together. I was worried about the adhesive showing through, but I used Ranger Glossy Accents for the "2" and it worked beautifully. In my excitement that this was going to work, I put the glue on the top of the "6" and not underneath!  I couldn't get the Glossy Accents off the top and the glue on top looked splotchy, so I thought I might as well go for it and completely covered both numbers with the Glossy Accents. It took a quarter bottle of glue, but now they look like enamel letters.  Crisis averted.

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment