Pages

May 1, 2014

This Boy @ 17 - SOUS Diecut Challenge "Tree"

Hello there!

The die cut challenge this week at Stuck On U Sketches was to use a tree. And since I did a page all about Julia last time, I thought I should do one about Nick. But unlike Julia, Nick doesn't take a bunch of selfies that I can steal, I mean use, for scrapbooking. So, after a bunch of begging, I was able to stage a photo shoot of him beside the tree in our back yard and of the six photos he let me take, I settled on this one. Ah. Gotta love teenage boys!

Papers: Basic Grey, Bazzill Basics; Cricut Cartridge: Storybook, George, 2Peas digital cutfile; Stickers & diecuts: Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, Studio Calico; Badges: 2Peas in a Bucket, American Crafts; Alphas: American Crafts Thickers, Echo Park; Misc: Studio Calico mists, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, My Minds Eye washi tape, Ranger Distress Ink
 
I'm really enjoying this type of "you are here" journaling. It's nothing fancy and it's easy to write, but it really does say who Nick is, right now. And I think these are the pages that we will look back on, someday and really remember what he was up to.
 
I know this diecut from Storybook is actually called a branch, but the tree in our backyard is a big willow and I think this diecut really looks like the shape of our tree.
 
And I have been hoarding these Bo Bunny word stickers for probably 5 years. They matched the Basic Grey Capture line perfectly. I just love using old supplies with new supplies!
 


So now it's your turn! Let's see what you can create using a diecut of a tree. Submit it to the SOUS blog and you could win a great monthly prize. And be sure to check out all the lovely work the other DT girls did using a tree. It will inspire you!

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

2 comments:

  1. Perfect teenage boy LO and definitely inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made me smile. My kids were lucky they were girls, it would have been a struggle for me to understand boys LOL. You did a great job, both with the layout and with Nick!

    ReplyDelete