Pages

January 23, 2014

The Hunt for the Perfect Dress - SOUS Diecut Challenge "Something to Wear"

Hi there!

The challenge this week from Stuck On U Sketches is to use a diecut depicting "something to wear". This challenge couldn't have come at a better time. My daughter, Julia is going to graduate high school in June and we just bought her grad dress this past weekend! 


Papers: My Minds Eye; Diecuts: Unknown clipart, Blessed Day font; Stickers & chipboard: My Minds Eye, Echo Park, Bo Bunny; Buttons: Fancy Pants, Rhinestones & Sequins: Teresa Collins, Kaisercraft; Punch: Martha Stewart; Stamp: Scraptivity, American Crafts; Miscellaneous: Stickes, Wink of Stella, floss



 
I found this clipart of a dress form on line, so I imported it into my SCAL program and used the trace tool to create an cut file. Then I cut it out of patterned paper and covered it in a thin layer of Stickles. Unfortunately, the Stickles are showing up in the photo, but it's very shimmery in real life.
 
Now, I didn't want to show off Julia's dress just yet, so I snapped a photo of our Pinterest board and once this page is uploaded, I will substitute the photo of Julia in her beautiful dress.
 
I had so much fun making this dress form for my layout, I whip off a quick card that I needed for a friend, as well!
 

 
 
Be sure to stop by the SOUS blog and check out all the beautiful work the design team has created using "something to wear".
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Sylvie

8 comments:

  1. That layout is so cool! Love the design and colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! What a chic style. This layout looks like it came straight out of a magazine....perfect! I love the way you scattered the rhinestones and sequins. Fabulous inspiration. Oh and the bonus card! What a treat! Home run my crafty friend!
    -Melin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful layout....love the sprinkling of sequins and rhinestones! Melin is right...straight from a magazine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully girlie LO! It must have been a wonderful day! I LOVE what you did with the dress on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty! Love the layered banners….and can't wait to see the real dress on the real beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout !!! I love the colors ! And the fun design is perfect !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is the perfect challenge for you!!! gorgeous and congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous! The dress die cut on the layout is stunning! I am imagining the glitter :) and the dress on the card pretty having the lace layer!

    ReplyDelete