Pages

September 5, 2013

My Happy Place - Gate Diecut SOUS Challenge

Hello!

This week's Stuck On U Sketches challenge was to use a gate diecut. Well, I didn't use a gate, but I used a fence. And I'm going to call that close enough. ;)


Papers and embellishments: Teresa Collins; alpha stickers: American Crafts Thickers, Prima Marketing, Teresa Collins; Cricut Cart: Stamped; Cuttlebug embossing folder: woodgrain; White Signo Pen

 
 
I thought a wooden fence would be great for the subject of my layout. But, I couldn't find an SVG file nor did I have one on a Cricut cart. So I made my own with Cricut Design Studio and the Stamped cartridge. I welded the number sign (#) a couple of times in the Shorty creative key. I flipped a couple around so that it wasn't perfect; just like an old wooden fence. I cut it from kraft cardstock, then ran it through my Cuttlebug using a woodgrain embossing folder. I inked it with distress stain and voila! - a wooden fence. I fussy cut the drapery from some Teresa Collins diecuts which dressed it up a bit.
 
 

 
 
 
So, now it's your turn! Why not join us at the SOUS blog and show us what you have created with a "gate" diecut.
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Sylvie
 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous layout!! I love the design of this layout and the way the pics are displayed! I also love, love your fence! Fence/gate it's all the same to me! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fabulous layout!! I love the design of this layout and the way the pics are displayed! I also love, love your fence! Fence/gate it's all the same to me! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a clever cookie! I just love your fence, what a good imagination you have.
    I love it! The photo of the cheese bread and frozen grapes brings back good memories, too LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A # fence??? oh my goodness! Aren't you clever!!!!! LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I see that your white pen is still working great! 'wink'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative with making your fence. Wow, who would have thought. Well I guess you did ;).
    Your whole layout is great.
    I noticed on you profile about a Selkirk reunion. Would this be in Manitoba?

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word.. BRILLIANT! ok maybe another... love the gel pen journaling too :-)

    ReplyDelete