Pages

August 8, 2013

Miley & Jukka - Furry Friends SOUS Diecut Challenge

Hello!

Glad you could stop by!  This week's Stuck On U Sketches diecut challenge is to use a "Furry Friend". Well, I didn't have to look to far to be inspired by our own furry friends, Miley and Jukka. 

A few months ago, this thread on Two Peas in a Bucket caught my eye. Like lots of other scrapbookers, who have been scrapbooking for a long time, I have a large supply of much beloved Chatterbox papers and stickers. So, when I saw the challenge, I made a Chatterbox kit for myself pulling out some papers, chipboard and stickers. But, I never got around to using it.  Then, as I was planning this page, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to pull it out and put it to work.


Papers: Chatterbox; SCAL/Dingbats: Kitty Cats, Can Dog; Chipboard: Chatterbox, American Crafts;  Brads: Chatterbox, My Minds Eye: Stickers: My Minds Eye, Simple Stories, Echo Park; Alpha Stickers: American Crafts Thickers, Fancy Pants: Miscellaneous: Kaiser Craft Stamps, Paint, Gold Embossing Ink, silver thread




Geometric shapes are all the rage lately, and I thought I'd use a modern technique to balance the older product. Otherwise, I had a tendency to want to scrap "old school" wit these supplies. I made the triangles with a Cuttlebug Harlequin die to cut diamond shapes, and then cut them in half. And gold is also making a come back, so I used some gold embossing powder on a couple chipboard shapes.

Be sure to stop by the SOUS blog and check out all the great submissions from the DT.

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

 

1 comment:

  1. This is a super cute and fun layout Sylvie! I love the cat and dog, the chevron shapes and the triangle shapes of pattern paper! Your dog and cat are just beautiful!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete