Pages

July 11, 2013

Canal Days Parade Floats - SOUS Diecut Challenge "Flourish"

Hi there!

Hope you are having a lovely summer. This week's Stuck On U Sketches diecut challenge was to use a flourish on our project. TheTim Holtz Sizzix flourish die was my first ever die purchase. I have loved it and used it so many times. I have many flourishes on many different Cricut cartridges, but this flourish is always the one I use. ;)

For this challenge, I used it on the title page for my Canal Days Parade Floats album.


Papers: Amy Tangerine (American Crafts), Bazzill Basics, Little Yellow Bicycle, Petaloo; Alphas: Simple Stories, American Crafts Thickers; Embellishments & Stickers: Little Yellow Bicycle, Die Cuts With a View; unkown buttons

The rosettes are from the Paper Crafting Kit by Little Yellow Bicycle that I received in a kit. When I saw them, I didn't think I'd ever use them, but then I discovered that they worked very well with the older Amy Tangerine collection and matched the parade theme perfectly. I love it when I can use newer product with old. And since they've done all the cutting and scoring for you, it took no time at all to do the rosettes. The glittered paper from Petaloo gave the flourishes a bit more pop and matched the glittered centre of the clear flowers from LYB.

So, with my title page finished, my parade album is now complete. Until next year when we do a new float. ;)

Be sure to stop by the SOUS blog to see all the other beautiful projects from the design team. And we'd love to see your projects using a flourish, too!

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

 

2 comments:

  1. A layout that mirrors all the fun! Well done Sylvie, love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing layout! I love the flourishes and I love the rosettes!!! The color combos are amazing as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete