Pages

March 21, 2013

Carmella - SOUS Baby Stroller Diecut Challenge

Hello there!

When I saw that the Stuck On U Sketches diecut challenge was to use a baby stroller, I knew I had the perfect photo to use. This is our fourth grand niece's birth announcement. Isn't it lovely??? 

I wanted to keep the focus on the beautiful photos and The Sweetest Thing collection  by My Mind's Eye was perfect! The colours worked so well, especially the grey woodgrain background which brought out the black and white photos.


Papers: My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, Unknown Vellum; Stickers, chipboard & Diecuts: My Mind's Eye, Jenni Bowlin; Lori Whitlock SVG file; Title: Chatterbox; Washi Tape: My Mind's Eye, Superstore; Miscellaneous: Fiskars & McGill Punches, My Mind's Eye Buttons, unknown twine, My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots, Distress Ink,
 
I found a stroller SVG file from Lori Whitlock and using SCAL, created this border which I cut from vellum. To give it a bit more dimension, I outlined the buggies with a white Signo pen. When cutting vellum with the Cricut, be sure the mat is sticky and the blade is sharp. I had a bit of difficulty cutting the fine parts and had to try a couple of times, but once I changed the blade, it worked beautifully.
 
 
 
Be sure to check out all the Design Team work at SOUS and why don't you join in the challenge by creating something using a baby stroller diecut? We'd love to see what you come up with!
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Sylvie

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's Sylvie.....love the colours, very pretty layout, love it:))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit . . . that was the one thing I didn't think of! To make a border!! How brilliant!!! I just LOVE everything about this LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful in every way, Sylvia! So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvie this is precious!!!! Love the buggy border and all of the girly layers!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh my friend..this page is beyond
    fantastic! The colors and details...yeah, the woodgrain
    is perfect as well, the whole line really!
    And that baby...please don't get me started...I kinda need another
    baby but hubby says no! =(
    The use of the stroller vellum border you created...well that is for
    sure a thought outside the box! Perfection for sure!

    Hope you've been well! Been busy, as most of us have been so not
    much time to chat. Hopefully this Summer will give me much more
    time to hang and be creative! Here's hoping! =)

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete