Pages

June 4, 2012

Baby You Can Drive My Car

Happy Monday, everyone!

I just love it when a page falls together! This page took me only two hours. I so wish I could be productive like that all the time! Especially, when I have a very special event subject. Usually, those special photos cause me a lot of anxiety, which in turn, makes the creative mojo come to screeching halt.

This is my daughter's first driving lesson after getting her learner's permit. I took the photo with Instagram on my iPhone and I just love it!

I used Echo Parks This&That Graceful line. Oh how I love these papers! There is a little bit of Charming thrown in there, too. I love how both lines coordinate. I think it's these pretty papers that took the focus off the special photo and I was just able to play.


Paper, Diecuts & Stickers: Echo Park; Car die-cut: Cricut "Going Places";
Alphas: Thickers, Echo Park, Pink Paislee, Studio Calico, Brad: My Mind's Eye

And here is a page that unfortunately took me much longer to create. I started it during the Two Peas  NSD Colour Challenge. That was a month ago. *sigh* It just wouldn't come together, for me. I like it now, but I was getting pretty tired of working on it. 

I cut the hexagon detail using a Kerri Bradford digital diecut and my Cricut and SCAL. I love Kerri's stuff and it cut like a dream on my Cricut, even though it's a pretty small cut.


Papers: Bazzill Basics, Basic Grey; Alphas, Echo Park, Reminisce, Pink Paislee;
Embellishments: My Minds Eye, October Afternoon, Echo Park;


And speaking of Cricut, here is a sign I made for a parade float for our annual town festival this past weekend. For the last 12 years, my group of friends enters a parade float. We put a lot of work into it and I received many compliments on my sign. It's made with SCAL and various digital diecut files. We have such a blast, together and I'm happy to report that we won Best Overall! ;)



The paper is a bit warped because it poured rain the whole parade, but I can attest that the colours of the Bazzill cardstock never ran and even though the poster board deteriorated, and the glue let go, the cardstock actually held up quite well! Good to know for archival purposes, I think.

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie


3 comments:

  1. Cute layouts....love the one of your daughter....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those layouts are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the Echo Park! Your pages are awesome!

    ReplyDelete