Pages

April 30, 2012

Good Friends

I'm back!!  I took last Monday off from updating my blog because I've been taking night courses for work and life just seemed to come at me all at once.  But, that didn't mean I wasn't scrapping. Nope. That just meant that I was scrapping into the wee hours of the night to get the new vacation album done.  ;)  And I'm pretty proud that I managed to get it completed in time for the celebration of life get-together for our friend, Troy.

So, since I missed last week, I'll be uploading a couple extra layouts. ;)

Again, I used the Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue collection with bits and pieces thrown in from my stash. And in the interest of time, I kept the pages fairly simple.


Papers: Bazzill Basics, Graphic 45; Stickers & Diecuts: Graphic 45; Fiskars Punch; Buttons: Basic Grey; Kerri Bradford Digital Diecut shape cut with Cricut and SCAL

I just love Kerri Bradford's digital diecut shapes! By the time I got to this page, I was starting to run out of time. So, in a few minutes, I had this great diecut that filled the two spots beautifully! And I'm so grateful that I still have SCAL to work with my Cricut. I like the flexibility of using a cartridge or SCAL. But, that's a whole other blog post, for another day. LOL!


Papers: Bo Bunny, Bazzill; Kerri Bradfor Digital Diecut shap cut with Cricut and SCAL

Papers: Bazzill Basics, Graphic 45, Crate Paper; Stickers & Diecuts: Graphic 45, My Minds Eye, October Afternoon, Echo Park, Pink Paislee, Makin Memories; Washi Tape: K & Company

Papers: Bazzill Basics, Graphic 45, Bo Bunny; Stickers & Diecuts: Simple Stories, Graphic 45, Crate Paper; Alphas: Simple Stories


I'm not sure if you can tell, but in the group shot above, we are all frowning because we are sorry to leave. It's tradition that we take a sad shot while waiting for the shuttle to the airport. But this is the final page in the album and we are smiling.


Papers: Bazzill Basics, Graphic 45; Stickers & Diecuts: Graphic 45 (unknown Friends sticker); Alphas: American Crafts Thickers; Misc: Fiskars & Martha Stewart punch, Ribbon and twine

This album means a lot to me. We all laughed and reminisced while looking through it and it reminded me of WHY I scrapbook. Sure the pretty paper and the cool techniques speak to my creative side, but in the end, it's to chronical all our stories because we just never know what could happen.

We miss you, Troy.

Thanks so much for looking!

Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment