Pages

March 12, 2012

The Picture Tells the Story

It's been a busy crafting month for me. I haven't done much scrapping, because there were lots of birthdays in March, so that meant I made lots of cards.

I did manage to squeeze in a simple layout on the weekend. My vacation album is getting VERY heavy and thick, so I wanted to keep this page as one layer and with no dimensional embellishment. I misted the cardstock with Charcoal Chalkboard Glimmer Mist and then stamped the Prima brick patterned stamp on top. I really liked the effect. It's difficult to see, but I have a stamp that is the same as the title, so I repeatedly stamped it in the top left corner.

In the end, I thought that without a bit of dimension, the page looked too plain, so I added buttons and brads. Oh well, maybe the next page will be a one layer page. ;)


Paper: Bazzill Basics, My Minds Eye; Alphas: Bo Bunny, Crate Paper, My Minds Eye, Pink Paislee; Stamps: Prima Marketing, Sassafrass Lass; Studio Calico,  Scraptivity; Buttons: Fancy Pants Design; Stickers: My Minds Eye; Brads, Fancy Pants Designs; Miscellaneous; Glimmer Mist, Ranger Archival Ink, Distress Ink, Floss

And here are a couple of the cards that I made. The photos aren't the best, because as usual, the cards were made at the last minute and so the photos were taken at night. ;) Since I forgot to take photos of the other two cards that I made, I guess it's better than nothing.

This first card uses a VERY old button from my stash. It's glued onto a piece of white cardstock to make it stand out a bit better against the brown. And in order to hide the adhesive underneath, I painted the button with Stickles. It looks very cute in real life.


Papers: Bazzill Basics, Colorbok; Button: Bazzill Basics, Stamps: Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday, Scraptivity; Ribbon; We R Memory Keepers floss, Basic Grey; Miscellaneous: Kaisercraft Rhinestones, Stickles, Cricut scalloped diecut, Distress Ink

This card idea is lifted from the Finally Friday video from Two Peas in a Bucket. I covered the background of the card with Tim Holtz tissue tape and I really like the results. I have to use that technique again and use that stuff up!

Paper: Bazzill Basics, Echo Park, Crate Paper; Transparency: Fancy Pants Design: Stickers: Echo Park, Karen Russell for Creative Imaginations; Stamp: Scraptivity; Rhinestones: Kaisercraft, Machine stitching

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment