Pages

August 10, 2011

Our Future Adventures

This week's layout is one from Shimelle Laine's Explore class.  We had to start with 9 circle embellishments  placed in a grid and create a layout depicting adventure. This photo was taken at Xcaret in Cancun and while we were at the sign post, we talked about all the places we'd like to visit, someday. We do this on every trip we take... plan for the next one.

It's funny that as I write this blog post, I feel like that should be my journaling, so I may have to add some hidden journaling somewhere on the page to add this information.  *sigh*  I do this a lot.  Once I've uploaded a page, I see something I'd like to change, add or tweak.

I cut the circles using my beloved Coluzzle.  My last blade is starting to get dull.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't find a replacement.  Then I stacked inked circles on top of each other.  Some of the circles are chipboard pieces from Close to My Heart.  They come in white with embossed images and are meant to be inked to match your layout. I used Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The red flowers are very old Prima chipboard buttons. I removed the glossy print paper from the top with a craft knife and then sprayed them with Glimmer Mist (Candy Apple Red).



Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs, October Afternoon - Stickers: Tim Holtz- Fabric & Chipboard Flowers; Prima - Letter Stickers; October Afternoon, Pink Paislee, Cricut - Stamps; Close to My Heart - Chipboard shapes; Close to My Heart - Miscellaneous Buttons, Distress Ink, Glossy Accents, Glimmer Mist and threads

Thanks for looking!

Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment